Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Himself


"Himself"
(Denny Crane)
36" x 36" oil on canvas

As the title suggests, this is one very important cat. His name is Denny Crane, and he belongs to my artist friend, Mary K. Forshagen. Isn't he a fine fellow? 

In my last post, I mentioned my grandkitty, Zoe, who's visiting while her mom is out of the country. I referred to her as sweet and petite. I may have to amend the sweet part; she's kind of on my list right now -- and not the sweet one. I went to a great deal of trouble and expense to install a piece of plexiglass over our wrought iron patio gate so sweet little Zoe could get outside and enjoy the sun. Since we have a seven foot  wooden fence around the patio that should cover any possibility of escape. Right?
Wrong. 
After studying the situation at length, while I was inside the house, Zoe found a way to get to the TOP of the fence. When I heard all the scrambling, I did dash out in time to drag her back down before she could make her get-away. How did she do it? I haven't a clue. Obviously, she's able to leap tall buildings. Did I mention she's now grounded?

No comments:

Post a Comment