Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's 2013!!!



"Hagey"
7" x 7", oil on canvas


It's been a lonnnng hiatus, and I'm wondering why there aren't two of me -- one of which would do nothing but sit at the computer, uploading and posting and generally handling all forms of electronic communication. The other would, of course, just paint.

It's Second Saturday at Winter Street Studios, and my door is open to the public, as usual. We consistently get more new visitors, even after several years of doing this. On any other Saturday, I would be painting. That's the thing with working in a building with other art studios. You are more directly involved in your own promotion. There are 70 studios and about 120 artists at Winter Street, and it's a very active environment, with frequent happenings that allow me to open my door to the public. Great exposure, but it means actually CLEANING UP my space and GIVING UP painting time in order to meet and greet. And hopefully sell.   Not complaining, just saying.

"Hagey" is one of several holiday commissions that kept me busy in December. I was very pleased with the result. But, then, who could resist that face?

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! what a face and so beautifully painted! i love labs so much.

    i wondered what working in a studio with a lot of artists might be like. thanks so much for sharing, gives me something to think about.

    again, Rose, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete